Wednesday, November 18, 2009

HW #2

My goodness!  This quiz kicked my butt.  Admittedly I have a cursory understanding of searching techniques, but found this exercise somewhat painful.  I think it would have been better had I not been rushing through it and if I were not ill.  Either way, I found myself having to go back and forth to find the answers.  I even resorted to searching the Google site itself for assistance.  Truth be told, I think I could benefit by redoing the assignment with more attentiveness and less cold medication.

I think however this is most valuable for students and intend on using some of the lessons in their entirety with my darlings. I did not know about the - and + signs and their involvement in the searching process.

If I can hone my searching skills, I will surely be less frustrated and more eager to surf around just to play.  If nothing else, this assignment did force me to reckon with my feeling of inadequacy as an internet searcher while gaining a tad more confidence simultaneously.

I found a couple of the questions confusing, i.e. the one about how can the Google search box be used as a reference tool.  I think the elimination of a word would most easily solve that tiny glitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment